Sunday, April 14, 2013

More side effects from trial

I'm still on the GS-1101 (CAL-101) trial, but I've been having some problems.  I've developed cataracts in both of my eyes.  This can be related to steroid use.  I've been on budesonide for the severe diarrhea I've suffered in the past.  It seemed like the trade off from uncontrolled diarrhea is the development of the cataracts and a resultant need for surgery.  

Cataract surgery is the most common surgery in the US (who knew) so it's a major problem.  But there are definite side effects to the surgery, the most serious one is retinal detachment and the risk of blindness.  I'm at a higher risk for this since I have a strong correction necessary to see clearly.  The cut-off seems to be somewhere above 7.0 diopters ( I hope I have that right).  

So I took myself off the budesonide.  It's taken a while, but the diarrhea has returned with a vengeance.  So now I'm back on the budesonide.  It's a terrible trade off, but what else can I do.

The joys of having CLL

3 comments:

adam irgon said...

Barry,
I just happened upon your blog. An effective home remedy for diarrhea taught to me by my Russian Jewish mother-in-law is to make a tea from the peel of pomegranite. Scoop out all the insides (after making delicious juice), and dry the peel. Steep 1/2 pomegranate peel in boiling water and drink the bad tasting but tolerable tea. Expect gentle (unlike meds) improvement in 24 hours. If you try it let me know how you do. Adamirgon@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since i last checked your blog, but i notice you haven't updated your blog for some time. Have you been dead?

Harriet John said...

Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady on blog spot on how Dr God hands cure her HIV/Aids with herbal medicine then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr God hands hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr God hands Herbal Medicine.
I will advise you too to give a try to Dr God hands Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure permanently such diabetes, Herpes, HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer,Parkinson's disease,Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer,Arthritis,Fibromyalgia,Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Cold, Glaucoma, Cardiovascular disease, Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck, XoXo****Dr Owo Ibuku Also known as Doctor God hands Contact Information:::Email (doctorgodhands@gmail.com) WhatsApp-(+2349057214220)