Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving has come. I hope all have a blessed and wonderful day of thanksgiving. I'm personally thankful that my wife is recovering and getting better every week. I'm doing OK. My counts are still below normal because of permanent damage caused by my stupid foray into FCR-land.

I had a severe inner-ear infection a couple of weeks ago. It seems to have abated, but it's left me with a nasty cause of tinnitus. For those who have been lucky enough not to have experienced this 'ringing in the ear', it's a constant (in my case) high-pitched buzzing, caused by long-term exposure to loud noise (not my problem) and infection.

It's very annoying, and it's accompanied by hearing loss. I have an appointment in January with the ENT doc, but there's nothing they can do. Medical science has a long way to go.

Anyway, hope things are better with you all. Be thankful for what we do have.

No comments: