Saturday, December 8, 2007

'Here Be Dragons'

The 2007 ASH (American Society of Hematology) meeting is currently underway in Atlanta, Georgia. I am all to well aware of this since my researcher-doctor-CLL expert is in the Peach State, I suppose delivering what few items he has learned this year to the rank-and-file hematologist.

CLL remains a terrible mystery and so little is known about the disease.

If there were a map of the CLL terrain, much would be labeled, 'Here Be dragons'.

My RDC (see above) has told me, as I get sicker and sicker, that 'We have to do a better job'. Well, yeah. Since I am most likely doomed by CLL, ya think?

I told him not to be too hard on himself, since there is much blame to spread around, and, well, you know, lifting the curtain on God's mysteries is not easy work.

No comments: